Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Not My Kind of Baking

Well, the heat has finally hit. As of right now it's 91 outside, record high for this time of year. So here I am kicking back in my comfy air conditioned home drinking some ice cold lemonade, right??

WRONG!

Remember last fall we moved? We downsized to a smaller apartment to recover from The Hubby's lay off. Well, this place doesn't have central air, nor does it have a window unit. So, my place is 87 degrees...87 goofy hot & humid stinkin' degrees!
UGH...



Now, I'm not one of those people who like to be warm. In fact I'm one of those people who can eat ice cream in the dead of winter.
I think this aversion to warm weather is my Mama's fault. Now, don't get me wrong, she's super & all but when it came to a hot climate she was super crazy!

Sorry Mama...but we both no it's true *wink*

Anyway, I remember as a little girl watching my mom get so hot she was near the point of blowing her top. She would go the fridge, open the door, let the cool air hit her, & throw on some refrigerated Jean Nate After Bath Splash...
Member that stuff?



And just as the add promises...ahhh!!
Mommy was back down to her cool self & we were safe from the crazed hot lady. At least for a few minutes.
Well, fast forward 30 years & I'm the crazed hot lady!!
I am soooo on the verge of crabby, but up until right about now I've been able to keep it together. I asked The Hubby if we could skip making dinner & buy a rotisserie. I know, I know...not frugal when I can just cook one...ask me if I care??
OOPs!
Sorry, that was the crabby sneaking out -_-
Well, he just called to let me know the store is all out of chickys. I swear I almost cried. The idea of cooking in the heat made me dopey.
I think my brain may be sunburned.
I got to thinkin of all those pioneer ladies & how they didn't have air. Not even fans!! They baked & gardened, & farmed.
Maybe I should be grateful?
Maybe I should be thankful I do have some fans & I have the luxury of buying a pre-cooked chicken for a few bux.
Maybe just maybe I could learn something from those wise pioneer women of old?

Naaahhhh....I'm just gonna borrow my Mama's Jean Nate!!!

The Blessed Supermom

1 comment:

  1. Air conditioning is one of the greatest inventions ever. I'm sorry you don't have it now.

    ReplyDelete