Thursday, May 26, 2011

Scared

I tried to come up with some eye catching title right now, but I just don't care. The only words I can think of are scared, frightening, traumatic, terrifying, sick, crying, begging.
My sweet little girl took a flying leap off the bunk bed last night & landed on her head. We heard a loud thud & when we went in the room she was laying face down & not moving. When Hubby picked her up she was limp, she appeared unconscious to me but the Hubby says she wasn't. I went to call an ambulance but she began crying & Hubby said we would drive her to the ER. At this point we were all crying (except for the big tough guy of course) but My Bear was hysterical saying "it's all my fault" & no matter what I said she really believed that. My oldest initially froze, she was crying but not moving just staring & crying.
It was terrifying.
We raced to the ER trying to keep her awake, it was an hour past bedtime & she was naturally tired but we couldn't let her sleep. When we got there she was very upset & crying terribly saying she was scared. There was an ambulance with flashing lights & I think that's what put her over the top. We went straight into triage & after some questions it appeared the nurse who checked her out didn't see a major issue. Not that she was a bad nurse, I don't think that, but she was light about the situation & sent us to the waiting room.
That's when my daughter started vomiting, I harshly told Hubby to get a doctor & for her to be seen "RIGHT NOW"
Don't worry, I immediately apologized, but I knew vomiting could indicate one of several serious head injuries.
The nurse knew that as well & she was taken immediately for a cat scan. During the scan I was allowed to stay with her & prayed so she could here my voice. I kept repeating Psalm 121:1-4

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth 3 He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; 4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

It was the only scripture I could remember at the moment. Then Hubby held her as I went to registration, since she wasn't with me I could cry, just a little ya know? I didn't want her to see me & be frightened by my actions. I couldn't help but show her some fear when we prayed in the waiting room tho. I laid my hand on her praying & started crying. When you come before His throne pleading for mercy it's not the time to hide your heart.

We were taken to a room where she was put on a heart monitor & that was scary, I had no idea why should we need that. Your mind races & tries to take off in all sorts of directions that aren't good. But thankfully her cat scan came back normal, & after hearing that & being told she could sleep, I fell apart. Honestly, it's hard to write this post because I still feel so shaken by the whole experience. I can't describe how it felt to see her lying there not moving. It's a picture I keep asking God to remove from my memory because it makes me sick to my stomach. I haven't really been able to eat because I've been so queasy all day.
Maybe I should take one of her anti-nausea pills -_-

I'm more than thankful for the outpouring of support we received from family & friends. A prayer request was posted on FB & a text was sent, I feel blessed knowing so many people were praying for her. I ask for your continued prayers, as I said this was somewhat traumatic & my other daughter is convinced she caused this. I'm also asking for prayer because my daughter, "The Monkey" doesn't have that name by chance. She is a beautiful amazing girl who happens to also be quite the tomboy who isn't so good at internal boundaries.
That's how all this happened, she was swinging back & forth on the top bunk (holding onto the railing) while alternating hands. From what I gather she went "spinning thru the air"
So you can see why I need prayer =/
So, I'm gonna end this with a few more words that come to mind...
thankful, humbled, praising, grace, mercy, love, kindness.



My help comes from the maker of heaven & earth & He is good ALL THE TIME.
Friends of mine, please don't ever forget that.

The Blessed Supermom

1 comment: