Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Peanut Butter Fiasco..

OK, so I was doing pretty good with my cooking frenzy & lunchtime came upon me so I forced myself to sit down with the girls to eat. I only had to brown a little more meat, make the guacamole, & peel & slice some cucumbers for Wednesday's salad. BTW, I decided to skip the doughnuts & opted for a lemon cake instead. I'm new to making doughnuts & didn't want to make things more difficult.

It's a good thing too cuz I had a whole other mess on my hands, a peanut butter mess.
So here's the back story, the Piggie has eczema. Nothing that bad, just a few patches here & there. She has gotten a couple more as she's gotten older but I found that calendula cream helps her a lot.
Well, I've heard when lil ones have eczema they're more prone to allergies. I asked my pediatrician at the wee munchkins 1 year check up, she felt my lil piglet was OK. Her reasoning was I was nursing her & I had eaten peanut butter so it was less than likely she had an allergy. I wasn't real satisfied with that answer & figured I'd avoid it as long as I could.
Anyway, with yesterday being so action packed I decided to make a pb & j for the girlies. Normally, I would prepare something different for my wee-est one but I really had my hands full so I decided to give her the dreaded pb.


Well, you guessed it...she had a reaction almost instantly.


still a happy baby =)

The girls & I prayed & to be quite honest I cried...lots. It was a mixture of guilt & fear.
I went against my mothers intuition & gave my baby something that put her at risk & the worst part is I had a feeling.
But God reminded me "therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1
And I'm going to hold onto that truth form God's Word because I'm simply a Mama who made an honest mistake. We all do that from time to time don't we?
Sooooo, after a dose of benedryl my sweet lil one is back to normal...

Don't ya just love this face!

The Blessed Supermom




1 comment: