Monday, May 30, 2011

Seriously????

Well, things have been more than a wee bit interesting around here. We had the Wee Piglet's peanut butter incident, the PB assaulted her. Then there was Monkey's realization she couldn't fly & the subsequent ER visit. So you'd think things would mellow out a bit right?
Uh-uh nope, things just got more nutty!
Saturday The Hubby had a wonderful idea, he suggested we have a picnic in the back of the van & play some board games. We decided to go to the cemetery to hang with Isaac & Hannah, it was nice. It was raining just a bit so the van wasn't overheated, it was just the right temp. Everything started real nice, we were all laughing & munchin' our subways, listening to some music. Then The Bear said her tummy hurt a little, she giggled & unbuttoned her pants thinkin she ate too much. But a few minutes later she said she was really sick, she felt dinner was about to burst out of both her upper & lower regions. The problem was all the seats were removed & stacked up to give us room for our picnic. I told my baby all would be fine & decided to take her to the chapel (funeral home)
The Hubby gave me a concerned look because he knows I haven't stepped foot in there since Hannah's funeral & have no desire to. I assured him this was necessary & I would be fine. So off we went or better said we ran a mad dash, well Bear did & I desperately tried to keep up realizing that I am no youngin' anymore.
Unfortunately, when we got to the chapel it was locked. Of course, in my brilliance I decided to keep walking thinking the fresh air would do her some good. So we walked to a mechanic shop which was closed...UGH.
I called The Hubby admitting my defeat, there was no potty in sight. I figured we would start walking home, we live about a mile away from the cemetery & although The Hubby was quickly coming to save the day, I thought we should keep movin.
This actually turned out to be a good decision cuz we came across a little spa. We both were running now cuz I had no clue how much longer Bear could keep it together.
Well, you would think it was a relief to make it to the facilities right?
God forgive me, it was heinous. I've seen my share of my kids insides but this was just unbelievable. I'll spare you all the gory details but lets just say by the end of it we both lost our lunch ;(
We figure Bear had an allergic reaction to something, she was a real mess...vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, hives, headache, & chills.
Like I said...life got nuttier.
Funny thing is her Pediatrician & myself suspected she was allergic to something & I just picked up a referral for the lab earlier that day.
Weird huh?
She's feeling better but we were surprised to see she had a slight reaction from this morning's breakfast.
All of these things are foods she ate before so we're a little bewildered. However, I've heard allergies can develop over time & a friend of mine said it could of been food poisoning. Either way, we'll find out soon.
Again, I'm intimidated to find out how much more eating habits we'll have to change around here. I'm thinking next week we may eat nothing but fruit & homemade bread.
Seriously, I have no clue what to put in these kids tummies anymore. Honestly, God has put it on my heart to get serious about our eating habits so I suppose this just makes it easier to cut the fat.
Awww man...no more fat??

The Blessed Supermom

No comments:

Post a Comment