Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spokeo...GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

OK, my palms are sweating as I type this because I'm just so upset. There is a relatively new website called Spokeo...have you heard of it???
Well, this website boasts itself as not being your Grandma's White Pages & WHOA!...it's definitely not!
I stumbled across it through another website only to find Spokeo knew all about me! I entered my name & after a few pages of refining info there I was!! My address, email, & my old land line phone number! It didn't stop there, they had the current value of the house listed! What's up with that??? It even had my husband listed with a nice little hyper link so you can jump over & nose around in his business!
What's so upsetting about this particular website is it doesn't stop there, I clicked on the option to get more info & for a nice little fee you could know all you wanted about me...social networks, my interests, supposedly even my credit scores!!
Supposedly, Spokeo gathers info from both online & offline sources & puts 'em all at anyones fingertips.
What was the most upsetting was that I searched for my 16 year old daughter & BLAM! There was my baby...
Fortunately it was very easy to remove myself & my family from their list, if you'd like to be removed just click here & follow the easy steps.
Sorry for all the exclamation points but I'm really upset that we as parents go through so much to protect the privacy of our children as well as ourselves & then some company would actually take the liberty of putting all my info out there...

The Blessed Supermom

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I started looking up my family members and myself. My information is totally wrong. My husband's information is totally wrong, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I removed my info from that awhile ago. So scary! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete