Friday, December 31, 2010

A Prayer For The New Year

Walking into this New Year I had a lot of thoughts of what to post about. But just now in some quiet time I had with God I realized all I really want to do is pray, so that's what I did.
I'd like to pray for you right now too....
Father God, I come before you thanking you for my dear friends. I thank you God for each person reading this post & how you brought them into my life. Lord I feel really led to pray for those of my friends that are wounded. Father, so many are hurting, so many are in pain tonight.
I have friends that are reading this who have empty arms & they are longing for their little ones. Lord, I cry out to you asking that as they enter into this new year that you would bring healing to their heart, soul, & minds. That they would feel the peace that surpasses all understanding & the power of your restoration. I ask this in Jesus matchless name.
Lord, there are others reading this that are broken in spirit. The trials of this past year were overwhelming & my friends are weakened. I ask God that you would strengthen them by the power of the Holy Spirit. Father you are mighty & able, please pour out your Spirit on your children.
Lord, I come to you on behalf of those that are ailing. Lord, you are the Mighty Physician. I ask Lord that you would bring healing to their bodies. Father, that you would touch them miraculously & that you would get all the Glory.
I pray Father for those feeling condemned & ashamed. Those that are unsure of who they are in Christ. Let them know Lord that your mercy is new every morning & that you hold every tear they cry in your Mighty hands.
Lord, please let these wounded broken hearts know that you will never leave them, never forsake them. That you love unconditionally & cherish them dearly. Lord, help them have the courage to release what they "feel" & be free in the knowledge of their loving ABBA FATHER.
Most of all Lord I pray for my friends that are lost. Lord, for those that may be reading this, wondering what is that ache in their heart? Wanting to know what will fill the emptiness?
Lord, I pray they would come to know Jesus as their Savior. I pray you would use me Lord in their lives however you see fit. Give me the courage to be bold for you. Fill my mouth with the words their ears need to hear.
I praise you Lord for the year to come. I step out in faith that 2011 will be a wonderful year. I believe & claim this for not only myself & my family but for my friends as well.
In Jesus Holy Name....AMEN

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment