Sunday, September 4, 2011

ATTACK OF THE LAUNDRY MONSTER!!!!!!!!!

This is what happens when the washer breaks. I've been avoiding it ya know...this wicked thing. But when there's nothing left to cover the derriere..well, ya gotta wash clothes.
I wish I could say this was an easy task but let me give you an idea of my laundering adventure. I used four 30 lb washers & one top load washer. Then there were 4 dryers to use, that puts us at a total of $24.50...
To wash clothes >{
Oh but let's not forget sorting, matching outfits & socks, folding, hanging...the total of time spent?? Six hours!
Then we had the Cow issue, although Cow doesn't know there was a Cow issue however, if Cow reads this she'll know now about the issue. For some reason her clothes didn't wash good, they all had a funky smell. I had to rewash all of them but I couldn't do that last night, guess who was at the laundromat again? Yep, me.
I went today while she was in school (yes she's in school, no she's not homeschooled, yes I'd like her to be but she's not OK?? We're not gonna go there..)
Anyway, I went today borrowing my Mama's car & washed as fast as I possibly could cuz she had to hurry home. Thankfully the dryer works so I could move a lot faster & get home. At the laundromat I added a 1/2 cup of vinegar to the wash cycle cuz I heard it can help with odors, I was kinda afraid that my daughter would smell like a big giant pickle! But guess what?? The clothes smelled great! No weird funky unexplained odor & no pickles!!
Yay me!!
So I happily come home & quickly dump the clothes in the dryer in the basement, add the fabric softener sheets, put the quarters in & fly upstairs.
I said bye to Mama & set the timer for 10 minutes, Cow has a few tee's that can shrink so they just get a quick dry. After I scatter myself around the house & clean a cute but sticky baby I race back downstairs to find the dryer isn't going..gettin a wee bit testy at this point.
OK, now run back up the stairs, oh heck who am I kidding?? I struggled for breath as I hobbled up the stairs..
I called the landlord to let him know that the dryer was broke too. However when I went back downstairs to check again I found that I didn't push the quarters in...duh.
So here I am all pooped & mind you in the middle of this we're having school, the girls got a lesson in the need for daily exercise.
After ten minutes I have to rush back down & pull out Cow's incredibly shrinking shirts & guess what?? They stink again!!
I'm a mad Mama now.
Anyway, I can't go to the laundromat again so I pull ALL the tee's out & spray the daylights outta them with febreeze & let em' air dry.
That seemed to work cuz now they're all purdy. I can't say I know exactly what the stinking shirt issue was but maybe the washer was hateful & wanted to ruin my day.
Mean hateful washer...
Ya know, I used to complain about the up & down laundry hike I hated it, honestly hated it with a passion. But I will never complain again. This little adventure into the world of laundry H-E-double hockey sticks has taught me to be grateful for what I have, no matter how inconvenient.
That said, I need to go do some laundry.

The Blessed Supermom

No comments:

Post a Comment