Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Isn't She Lovely....

16 years ago I laid eyes on the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen. I was already so in love with this little person before I'd seen her & when I finally did she took my breath away.


Last Saturday we celebrated the past 16 years we've been blessed with this wonderful princess. Let me tell you, it was no small event, it was quite a celebration!!
All the girls had lots of fun getting dolled up for the soiree...






My Princess wore a beautiful gown, tiara, & some homemade bling =) She was the star of the show & she looked amazing!!



The night's events started with our Pastor praying a blessing over our young lady & she then committed her purity to her father as he gave her a ring to signify that vow. My Princess then entered the hall with her court & they all performed a dance for us. Then her father & I exchanged her smaller tiara for a larger one & her slipper for a heeled shoe. Both of these traditions signify stepping into womanhood.







She then danced with her Daddy, oh...it was so beautiful, I felt like I was gonna just cry my heart out. I didn't of course because it was her day...their moment. But, here was my sweet little girl...all of a sudden this amazing woman & she was so happy & content in the arms of her Daddy.




It was beautiful.....
After all this it was time to party!
My little girl (not as little anymore) danced all night with all her friends & had a ball!!









We all stayed up til the wee hours of the night, well....some of us stayed up.....



We ate too much food, danced too silly, & laughed lots, it was a wonderful night!
One I know my Princess will remember for the rest of her life.
I love you, my Baby....

No comments:

Post a Comment