Monday, February 7, 2011

Meet Me On Monday.....



Welcome to the 34th edition of
"Meet Me On Monday!"

Blogging is a funny thing...we tell our most intimate thoughts for all to read and yet most of the time I find myself sitting and wondering, "who is this person!?" I know them...but yet I don't know them! I want to know who the person is behind all those words so Java thought of a great way for all of us to "meet" each other!

Every Sunday Never Growing Old will post five get to know you questions that you can copy and paste into your own Monday post and we can all learn a little more about each and every one of us!!

Here's this week questions...

1. Did you watch the Superbowl?

Ummmm....yeup. And I ate too much, screamed A LOT, and was very VERY disappointed when The Steelers lost. Now lemme just point out I am not a huge Steelers fan, I am a Chicago BEARS fan. Two weeks ago the packers (no caps intended) beat The Bears in the playoffs. Now, if you're like me & you live in Chicago, you know a few things...we don't get intimidated by snow, we don't eat ketchup on our dogs, & we do not I repeat DO NOT root for the packers...nuff said.

2. What is the last book that you read?



In 2008 I said hello & goodbye to 2 of my children, Isaac & Hannah Joy. I was blessed to carry them for a time. It was the most difficult season of my life. I was sustained by God's goodness & grace & I will praise Him all my days.
The book I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Grief & Joy is beautiful & yet heart wrenching. If you have walked this path or know someone who is currently on it please take the time to open your heart to the Lord & read these tender words.

3. What is your favorite kind of cake?



Cheesecake! Without a doubt...I love it! So many varieties & oh so yummy! I used to be a simple girl who was satisfied with a slice of plain cheesecake with a little strawberry topping but then I was introduced to Turtle Cheesecake & my palette was intrigued. Was there more?? Could I be missing out??? Oh YES! I was...so now I love 'em all...chocolate, raspberry swirl, lemon chiffon. MMmmmm...cheesecake. I know it's bad but it's so soo good.

4. Do you snore?



Absolutely not!!! I am waaaaay to ladylike for that...however The Hubby may disagree =)

5. Do you play an instrument?



Yes! As a matter of fact I do...it's the worlds smallest violin! I tend to play it when there is some whining to accompany me =)

The Blessed Supermom




5 comments:

  1. I love cheese cake too! Plain and apple struddle are my favs.

    I LOVE Captain Jack Sparrow!! I can't wait until the new novie comes out!!

    I really like your blog. Found you on the blog hop. Hop on over to mine if ya want. www.allinamommysday.blogspot.com

    Have a good night

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower. I will be checking out your other pages as well.
    It was fun reading your answers, and I have added nearly all of your songs to my playlist. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! Someone who understands why I was rooting for the Steelers and would never think I'm weird for not putting ketchup on my hotdogs! I don't live in the Chicago area anymore but I would go back if I could just convince my husband it's really not THAT cold. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Coming to you via MMOM, there are so many people to visit now I think I will be at it all week! You have a very pretty blog design I just love the colours, this is my first visit to your blog but not the last as I have just become a follower.
    If you have a few spare minutes please pop by and say Hi.
    Hope you have a lovely week ahead.
    Helen x
    http://acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless you. XOX

    I love your answer to #5!!! I play the same!

    I'm your latest Google Follower, by the way. Nice to meet you. :D

    I played, too! :D Sorry I'm late. :( Been a crazy week.

    Rebecca at http://freakyfrugalite.com

    ReplyDelete