Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Time To Make The Doughnuts

OK, So I'm really not making doughnuts but today is what I call "cook til I'm crazy & pulling out my hair preparing for the week til I fall over in a heap & cry day" But that title is too long.... Anyway, this is my first day back in the saddle, I've been off this cooking ahead of time thing for months because of my Bear's mystery tummy issues. Well now that she is well I can get back to cooking like I'm used to. I plan to get up early & get movin but there are a few differences now as opposed to a few months back. For example, the girls have their school work & Little Miss Monkey is getting started on learning to read. Fun.... Then we have the wee piggers. She is on & off with morning naps. I had taken them out of her schedule so she'd sleep better at night for me & she does. But lately she's been acting as though she NEEDS those naps so I'm giving them to her. Needless to say as all you Supermamas know my days can be quite erratic. Now we're used to having school with a little one wanting attention but for me to be cooking/baking/ freezing during school time with Piggie wrapping herself around my leg? Now, that's a challenge. I'll just see what happens & let ya know. So here's whats cookin' Slow Cooker Yogurt
Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Double Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Rice Pudding
Jello

Cut, Cook, & Brown Beef for Tacos
Mix & Season Beef for Slow Cooker Meatloaf (replacing BBQ sauce for ketchup)
Brown & Season turkey for
Tator Tot Casserole
Make 2 bags of
World's Easiest Make-Ahead Marinated Chicken
Frozen Banana Bites
Frijoles De La Olla
Set up Veggie Tray

Now I'm not saying ALL of this will get done, these are just my goals. As of right now I have long grain rice & I need short for the pudding. I NEED to make mayo for the muffins (moistness) but dunno if I'll have time. And...I'm not real sure if I have hamburger for the meatloaf....hmmmm???
Anyway, you get my point, I'm not gonna make myself extra special crazy. I'm just gonna do my best. One thing I absolutely positively GUARANTEE is the cookies will get baked!!

The Blessed Supermom

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I've been wanting to try cooking ahead, just never gets done. And never have that much money up front. [sigh] More power to ya! Hey, check out my new project. I'm excited and God seems to be blessing. trainingourdaughters.blogspot.com Love you!

    ReplyDelete