Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"Pretty??"

"Mama? Mama hands..."
Sleepy...groggy "huh" 
"whaa?? Oh hi sweetie"
"Mama hands??"
"What baby, what?? Your hands are purple!?"

This is how my day began, with my munchkin coming to wake me & let me know her hands were purple. I flew out of bed afraid she found Cow's sharpies but I realized it didn't smell like marker.
Lip gloss? 
I went into the girls room to find that Cow's BRAND NEW WHITE BED was covered in purple nail polish!! There was purple nail polish all over the foot board, spilled on the floor, & drops here & there on the area rug, also new.

I just about lost my head, really I felt it do a full 360 as my eyes apparently bugged completely out of my face. It took everything inside me to contain my anger. I'm not going to lie, every ounce of me was trying to focus on self control & not completely flip out. I called Big Daddy to help me keep some sense, he answered & I started talking a mile a minute asking him to pray because I was quite certain he was coming home to twins. Why you ask? Because I was going to knock that little girl so hard she would split into two!!
No, I really wouldn't do that but I was seething & knew I wasn't thinking clearly. I didn't want to say something I would regret. 
So of course my calm & logical husband answered with "is she okay? did she ingest any? is any in her eyes?"
That slowed me down a bit, I knew she was fine but it made me gain perspective, For that I was grateful. The other two girlies woke up & scooted Piglet out of the room as I began my 3 hour clean up. Normally I would have the little bit help clean up so she could understand a little better but this was a complete wreck & there was no way she could get her hands in. I was even stepping in nail polish leaving purple prints everywhere!

As I cleaned I kept asking God to show me how I could teach her this was wrong, all the while tense with anger & frustration. At one point my little purple munchkin came in the room, showed me her purple feet & said "pretty?'
That's when I realized what happened, she was trying to paint her nails & just like any other kid when she was done she began "coloring"

My heart softened. I realized she wasn't being "bad" she was being human. I saw that this whole ordeal depended on me, what would my kids remember of this? A screaming lunatic of a mother or a mother full of grace? I began to see although what she did to the bed was wrong it was just a bed. It didn't have a heart to capture & protect & it could be replaced. My little girls feelings couldn't. If I actually flipped out on her she would of been wounded & satan would have a perfect opportunity to hurt her heart through my own mouth. 

The tension began to release, I put on the radio to relax & Lutzer was on encouraging me with his sermon on trials & difficulties in life, He spoke about David hiding in the mountains being pursued by Saul who was trying to kill him. David was afraid & discouraged at times but continually praised God & trusted Him. I think waking up to a spill of purple nail polish is small potatoes compared to David's plight. The message helped me to grasp that when the frustrations hit & even though they can be so overwhelming, God is the key. He is the one that will keep you grounded to the truth. 

Well, I'm happy to say after 3 hours the room is spotless. I like to think God honored my listening to His calm spirit & blessed me with working hands that somehow cleaned this mess to the point there is no evidence it ever existed! 

I'm happy to say that after this fun ordeal I layed down my little punkin for a nap. I peeked in to see this angelic creature sleeping ever so innocently. So thankful that I didn't lose my cool (with God's help) & hurt her heart with foolish words. I then relaxed with a book & fell asleep myself.

"Mommy...uhhh the baby got black stuff all over the nightstand..."

Three words...BLACK. LIQUID. EYELINER.


The Blessed Supermom

No comments:

Post a Comment